Terms & Conditions (updated 03/16)
- Pawz Limited, trading as PawSquad (“The Company”, “PawSquad”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates the website at www.pawsquad.co.uk and other related sites and mobile applications (“App(s)”) (collectively, the “Sites”) and operates the PawSquad video and home visit consultation service (the “Service”).
- The Service is not an emergency service and is not intended to replace traditional veterinary medicine. If you think you need emergency assistance, you should take your pet to the nearest emergency veterinary practice.
- These Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to your use of the Sites and the Service, and by accessing, registering to use or using any part of the Sites or the Service, or by downloading the App(s), you are deemed to have accepted and agree to be bound by these Terms in full. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you must leave the Sites, not register to use the service and not download or delete the App(s) (as appropriate) immediately.
- By agreeing to these Terms, you confirm that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence.
- We may need to revise these Terms, including the Charges in clause 4, at any time. We will do this by updating this posting. Where you have registered an Account (as defined at 6.1 below), we will try to notify you by email or when you next log in to your Account. In any event, you should check the Sites from time to time to review the then current Terms and Charges, because they are binding on you. If you do not agree to any changes, you must leave the Sites, delete the App(s), terminate your Account (in accordance with 6.3 below) and stop using the Service immediately.
- Through the Sites, we operate the Service, which allows you to obtain information, guidance and/or advice from a range of animal health professionals (“Pet Professionals”). More information about the Service can be found at [www.pawsquad.co.uk].
- In certain circumstances the Pet Professionals may consider that your pet’s problems are best addressed other than through the Service and they may suggest that you should seek advice elsewhere, or in person.
- As part of the Service, you will provide us with brief written details about your pet (including details of any medical history and the contact details for your usual vet) and the issue that you would to discuss (a “Request”).
- By submitting a Request, you agree to pay the Minimum Charge and any applicable Additional Charges in accordance with clause 4 below and confirm that you are the owner of the pet in question or that you have the authority of the owner or other appropriate authority to use the Service in relation to that pet and to disclose the details of that pet through the Service.
- Your Request will be made available to the next available Pet Professionals, who will review the Request and confirm a consultation as soon as possible.
- During the consultation, the Pet Professional will discuss with you and assess your pet’s needs and, if possible, provide you with information, guidance and/or advice.
- If the Pet Professional is able to provide any information, guidance and/or advice, they will then send you a follow-up written report summarising what they have told you.
- You acknowledge that if Your pet needs immediate medical attention that You should and will promptly take Your pet to the nearest emergency veterinary facility, in many cases recommended by your Pet Professional, or call the PawSquad Video Advice service. You agree that no Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship ("VCPR") is established in connection with the Website. You agree that a Veterinarian-Client-Patient-Relationship is only established when Services are provided during a house-call. (b) The information and views provided by the Pet Professionals through the Service are those of the individual Service Providder that you are obtaining information from and not necessarily the views of The Company, its Members, Managers, Consultants, other veterinarians, employees, agents, advertisers or affiliates. All information obtained directly or indirectly from the Service is provided at your own risk.
- We screen all of our Pet Professionals to ensure that you get the best possible information, guidance and advice available in the circumstances but, due to the nature of the field in which we operate and the services we facilitate, we cannot guarantee that any of the information, guidance or advice you may receive will achieve any specific results.
- Some of our Pet Professionals are licensed professionals and/or members of a regulated profession (such as registered veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses) and are bound by laws, regulations and codes of conduct that may, in certain circumstances, prevent them from being able to offer you specific guidance or advice or a formal diagnosis through the consultation Service. In those circumstances, the Pet Professional will let you know and will advise you on the most appropriate course of action to get the help that you and your pet need.
- Any information, guidance or advice provided by our Pet Professionals will be based on the information that you provide to them in your Request and during the consultation, and their observations during the consultation. Therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that all the information that you provide is complete and accurate, to the best of your knowledge.
- The information, guidance and/or advice that you receive through the consultation Service will be based on the specific information that you provide through the consultation Service (including in your Request). As such, it may not be applicable generally or in relation to any other animal and you should not apply the information, guidance or advice you receive to any animal other than the pet in question, without the explicit confirmation from the relevant Pet Professional.
- At the end of each consultation, you will be given the opportunity to provide a review of the Pet Professional who conducted the consultation. Your review will be used for our internal quality control purposes only and will not be shared with any third party without your prior written consent, except that we may (and you agree that we may) disclose your review to the relevant Pet Professional if we consider it necessary to properly address any issue you raise.
CHARGES, CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
- Consultations booked via the platform with the Pet Professionals will incur a charge.
- Each consultation through the Video Consultation Service will cost you £15 for up to 15 minutes of video consultation (the “Minimum Charge”) and, if the video consultation lasts for more than 15 minutes, we may charge you for any additional time spent on the video consultation (the “Additional Charge”) (the Minimum Charge and the Additional Charge are referred to together as the “Charges”). Charges for Home Visits vary based on your geographic location, the procedures undertaken, duration of consult and the content of the consult.
- Home Visit Consultation charges vary from area to area and there may be additional charges required to paid in consult for items such as but not limited to additional procedures, medications, consumables.
- Payment is to be made by credit or debit card, using the details you provide in your Request.
- Your card will be pre-authorised when you submit your Request, and a house-call, video consultation, or other electronic communication will only be offered if we are able to pre-authorise the card.
- You are entitled to a refund if you have been charged and (i) there is a technical issue caused by us that means that you are unable to complete the video consultation (this does not include any failure caused by the device or internet connection you use to access the Video Consultation Service); or (ii) the Pet Professional considers that your pet’s problems are best addressed other than through the Video Consultation Service or is unable to provide you with any information, guidance or advice; or (iii) in the case for a home visit that the Pet Professional does not arrive or complete the appointment.
- If you believe you are entitled to a refund, you should contact us as soon as possible in writing (by email to scott (at) pawsquad.co.uk). We will then verify your entitlement to a refund and, if appropriate, complete the refund as soon as possible.
- You are responsible for paying all the Charges due in connection with your use of the Consultation service whether video or home visit. If you have pet insurance in place, you should be aware that your use of the Service and the associated Charges may or may not be covered (in full or at all) by your pet insurance, but you will still need to pay the Charges. You should always check with your pet insurance provider before using the Service if you intend to make a claim under your pet insurance policy.
REGISTRATION, USER ACCOUNTS, DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- In order to access certain parts of the Sites or use the consultation Service, you need to register an account (“Account”) with us and provide certain details about you and your pet(s) (your “Account Details”).
- You must keep your Account Details (including, but not exclusively, your contact and billing details) up to date and accurate at all times.
- Each Account is for use by a single user only. You are not permitted you to share your username and password with any other person.
- You are responsible for ensuring your passwords and login details are kept securely, and therefore you will be responsible for all activity on your Account including any Charges that are incurred. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or Account.
- Any personal information you submit on the Sites or through the consultation Service and all electronic communications between you and us are governed by our Privacy and Cookie Statement
- By registering an Account with us, you agree that you are happy to receive communications from us by email in relation to your Account or use of the consultation Service. We may communicate with you by telephone or by email (using the details you provide to us in your Account Details), by posting notices on the Sites, or by sending you a message through the App(s), and you agree that any such email, notice or message will be deemed communication “in writing” for legal purposes.
- You agree that we may pass on your Account Details and the information you provide in any Request to our Pet Professionals.
- Our Pet Professionals may keep notes and copies of the information that you provide and any information, guidance or advice they give through the consultation Service, and you agree that they may use that information for any internal professional purposes as may be required by law or relevant regulation (such as for supervisory purposes).
- Each of our Pet Professionals is bound by a written obligation with us to keep your personal information safe, secure and confidential.
- We may, from time to time, record consultations conducted through the Video Consultation Service for quality control and monitoring purposes, and may keep records of the communications sent and received through the Sites in relation to the consultation Service. By using the consultation Service, you agree to us keeping such records.
- In certain circumstances, we and/or our Pet Professionals may be required by law or regulation to disclose certain information that you provide. This includes, but not exclusively, in the event that there is a suspicion of animal abuse (including neglect) or any illegal or criminal activity.
- You hereby consent to the Company obtaining your pet's medical records from the person(s) you indicate as your primary veterinarian(s) and the Company providing information to such primary veterinarian relating to your usage of the Website and Service. You authorize copies or summaries of the medical records and images pertaining to your pets to be released to the Company by fax, first-class mail or by e-mail. You hereby consent to the Company's storage of Your pet's medical records in the Company's system so that they can be reviewed by Pet Professional(s) you speak with or distributed to emergency or specialty referral hospitals at your request in the event that your pet might need emergency care at a time when your primary veterinarian(s) might not available to care for Your pet.
TERMINATION OR SUSPENSION OF ACCOUNTS
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account and deny you access to the Sites and/or the consultation Service at any time at our sole discretion and for any reason including, but not exclusively, if you are in breach of these Terms.
- If your Account is suspended or terminated by us for any reason, you may not open another account.
- You may terminate your Account at any time by sending an email to the address in clause 14 below, and we will process that termination request and close your Account as soon as possible, usually within seven days of receipt of your termination request.
- Any obligations or liabilities that have arisen or been incurred before the suspension or termination of your Account (including, but not exclusively, your obligation to pay any Charges incurred) shall survive and remain enforceable despite such suspension or termination.
- After termination of your Account, we reserve the right to keep a record of the information provided in relation to your Account and your use of the consultation Service, in accordance with our Privacy and Cookie Statement.
- While we try to ensure that the information on the Sites is correct, we cannot guarantee the accuracy and completeness of such information. Therefore, we may make changes to the material on the Sites at any time without notice. The material on the Sites may be out of date, and we cannot commit to update such material.
- Any assurances or guarantees that we provide in relation to the Sites or the consultation Service are set out in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms will affect your consumer rights. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage are foreseeable if they are an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (including our Pet Professionals); (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- We will not be responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance, of any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by you or any act or event beyond our reasonable control. In the event of any act or event beyond our reasonable control, we will notify you as soon as possible and the time for our performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the event outside our control. You may cancel your Request if an event outside our control takes place that delays our ability to provide the consultation Service and you no longer wish to use the consultation Service.
- ACCESS TO THE SITES AND THE SERVICE
- While we work to ensure that the Sites and the consultation Service are available 24 hours a day, we cannot be held responsible if, for any reason, the Sites (or any of them) or consultation Service are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to the Sites and/or the consultation Service may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- The availability of the consultation Service is dependent on the availability of a Pet Professional at the time you submit your Request. If no Pet Professional is available at that time, we will do what we can to get the next available Pet Professional to contact you as soon as possible using the details you provide, to try to set up a consultation.
- PROHIBITED USE
- You may not resell or make any commercial use of the Sites or the consultation Service or any information provided on or through the Sites or the consultation Service without our prior written consent.
- You may not use the consultation Service to contact our Pet Professionals for any reason other than to seek information and guidance for your pet in accordance with these Terms.
- In addition to other prohibitions set out in these Terms, you are prohibited from using the Site, the consultation Service or any information or content provided on or through the Sites or the consultation Service for any or in any way in contravention of our Acceptable Use and Intellectual Property Policy.
- Provided that you comply with these Terms, we grant you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access the Sites, to use the consultation Service and to download and install a copy of the App(s) on any compatible device that you own or control and to run such copy of the App(s) for your own personal use in accordance with these Terms.
- For further information on the Intellectual Property Rights relating to the Sites and the consultation Service, please see our Acceptable Use and Intellectual Property Policy
- THIRD PARTY LINKS
- Certain content, products and services available on the Sites and through the consultation Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on the Sites may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
- We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- The terms govern the relationship between you and us and are not enforceable by any other person.
- Neither your nor our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms (and your use of the Sites and the consultation Service) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law and you and we both agree to submit any disputes arising out of or in connection these Terms and from your use of the Sites and the consultation Service to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If you have any questions or complaints about the consultation Service or about these Terms, please send us a message via our contact form, by email to [email@example.com] or write to us at the address below: PawSquad, 85 Station Road, Edgware, Middlesex HA8 7JH, United Kingdom, +441613751226